Dear Jane

This is my version of the blocks from the "Dear Jane" quilt book by Brenda Papadakis of Jane A. Stickle's quilt.Please follow me on my daily path of completion of this quilt. I will show my completed blocks, and tell you how I made them. There are many ways to go about making these blocks and you have to decide what works for you. I am an avid quilter, sometimes quilt teacher who has been quilting for 15 yrs. Hand applique' and small blocks are my biggest passion.

Friday, March 11, 2011

A-8 Florence Nightingale


This is a terrific beginners block if you are new to making blocks. If you are an old hand at this then you will be joyous that you can make a block in less than 30 minutes. I paper pieced this block but it can just as easily be done by simple piecing without the fuss of tearing off paper. In either case, this block is easy and will give you plenty of time to work on another block or to do other things....like read, sleep or the dishes.

No comments: