Dear Jane

This is my version of the blocks from the "Dear Jane" quilt book by Brenda Papadakis of Jane A. Stickle's quilt.Please follow me on my daily path of completion of this quilt. I will show my completed blocks, and tell you how I made them. There are many ways to go about making these blocks and you have to decide what works for you. I am an avid quilter, sometimes quilt teacher who has been quilting for 15 yrs. Hand applique' and small blocks are my biggest passion.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A-3 Hunter's Moon

Cute little block, don't you think? It's raining outside today, great day to make some Dear
Jane blocks. I see lots of possibilities to make this block. It could be machine pieced to get
the corner curves like the original, or hand pieced which would also give you the curves. It could be machine appliqued, reversed appliqued or hand appliqued. Guess what method I chose? Hah....I chose hand applique', however I did not do needle turn (which is another
possibility.) I, chose to make a template out of mylar (heat resistant template plastic) and using a bit of spray sizing ironed my fabric over the mylar to make my shape. It's so easy and
makes for a perfect shape everytime you sew it down. Let me know how you chose to make
this block.

No comments: