Dear Jane

This is my version of the blocks from the "Dear Jane" quilt book by Brenda Papadakis of Jane A. Stickle's quilt.Please follow me on my daily path of completion of this quilt. I will show my completed blocks, and tell you how I made them. There are many ways to go about making these blocks and you have to decide what works for you. I am an avid quilter, sometimes quilt teacher who has been quilting for 15 yrs. Hand applique' and small blocks are my biggest passion.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A-5 Cathie's Campfire


This block is composed of flying geese
surrounding the center. You can rotary cut the
geese if you like and cut 5-2" squares for the center
corners.....however, I would cut the outer squares just
a little bigger. But, then again this can be done the
easy way and entirely paper pieced. Then you can
sew together in 9-patch fashion. It's a very simple
block and shouldn't take much time. I think a 2nd
block could be made today. Besides, it's snowing outside
a great day to hibernate in your sewing room.

No comments: